[modeleng] Re: New wiring regs

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:02:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there Doug,

I would point out that the UK wiring colours have changed so that hard
wiring is now brown, blue not red and black - in this way, a track can be
kept of what wiring was done after the 1st of Jan 2005.

If a person was to manage to get hold of some wire in the pre Jan 2005
colours, then no-one would know that the wiring wasn't done before the Jan
2005 cutoff date! Time for obtaining this wire is probably running out
rapidly.

Also, I don't know how hard/fast/where the dividing line is between
temporary and permanent wiring - so if you aren't intending to leave your
workshop equipment behind when you move out, the do you really need to
leave the wiring, and if you aren't trying to sell the wiring, then it can
be temporary - does this allow any kind of exclusions?

The only other problem is that your electricity supplier has the right to
inspect your wiring/check any ceritificates if you wish to still keep
receiving electricity, but I don't know of anyone who has ever been
inspected in this way (but it is in the small print).

Yours,

Rich.