[modeleng] Re: New wiring regs

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:13:17 -0600

At 03:54 PM 3/9/05 -0800, you wrote:
>It would appear that in the near future, here in the UK, we are not going
to be able to wire up a garage or workshop without having a tame
professional electrician in tow.  What is the position elsewhere in the world?
>Doug J

Doug,
      Regulation and enforcement are two different things and over here
both can vary greatly, depending upon one's location, and the attitude and
work load of local building officials.  I've never met one who would
knowingly look the other way, but many of them are too busy to look.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee