[modeleng] Re: Laying raised track: superelevation

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:35:35 -0000

Hello again,

I take superelevation to mean an incline across the width of the track as it
goes round a corner, irrespective of the vertical profile. Will your long
batton be curved, or are we talking at cross purposes please?

You originally mentioned a slope of 4 degrees. If this is across the track,
how many inches of fall is that for a 5" guage though? Would steel washers
do?

Tony.