[modeleng] Re: Laying raised track: superelevation

  • From: "tim martin" <timsymartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:58:41 -0800

Rich,     In M/E around 1974 ther was an article on the construction of a
raised track for Sale Model Engineering Society, It detailed the post
construction made from concrete molded in wooden boxes and the framework
attached to this to support the track which is allowed to float to allow for
expantion/contraction, and believe me in the summer I've seen the joints
close up by over 5/8" even though there are many expantion joints evenly
spaced around the whole circuit of the track.   Tim 2