[modeleng] Good service and ...

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:40:38 +0000

I speaks as I find.

Ten days ago I ordered from a well known model engineering supplier a
handful of items. It took me half an hour to get through on the phone. The
goods have not arrived yet. A friend and I booked a day of work each at the
same time to use them early next week. We thought the items would be sure to
arrive within a week. If they don?t arrive by Monday we?ll waste a day?s
leave each.

On Monday I surfed the web for a book to help me with livery details of my
current ME project. I found it easily at www.nenevalley-railwaybooks.co.uk.
I placed an order over the web. Half an hour later I had two emails. One was
a computer generated one thanking me for the order and the other was a
personal one saying the same thing and also that the item would be sent out
that day. It arrived the following day. I?d been charged £1.50 for p&p but
the actual postage was more than £5.

I?ll deal with both organisations again. I?ll deal with the first because
they happen, for now, to be about the only people who sell the product I
need. I?ll deal with the second because they act like they want my business.

I?ve no connection with either outfit save as a customer.

I?ve copied the email to Nene Valley as a mark of my appreciation. I?ve not
copied it to the other supplier because they probably don?t read emails or
care if they do. Which has a long term future? You decide.