[modeleng] Re: Good service and ...

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:41:40 -0000

Greetings,

Or perhaps in the scrap bin!!!!

Regards,

IP

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles & Dorothy
Brumbelow
Sent: 03 December 2004 12:46
To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [modeleng] Re: Good service and ...

One British writer pointed out a dirty little secret of the model
engineering "industry" -- it isn't the parts that go into completed
projects
which keep suppliers in business, it's the parts which end up under
workbenches "aging/seasoning".  Charles

> My wife doesn't understand how some of the Model
> Engineering suppliers stay in business.
>
> Some orders you wait months for and are still
> incomplete.
>
> As I say to her, if its castings or parts for a
> particular engine, then you are stuck with that
> supplier good or bad.  That is till you've finished
> that particular model, then you make sure they are not
> the suppliers of the next project.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ken

modeleng-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" in the