[modeleng] Re: Electrical Problem

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:17:11 -0500

We are getting very chatty and OT here folks. Hope our list server doesn't
cut the whole list off.

The steam car thread on the other hand is very interesting.

Re generating electricity for hydrogen electrolysis - I believe the French
tried a large solar mirror array focusing on a tank type steam generator,
which drove turbines in the usual way. The power output was several MW if
I'm not mistaken from a 1 acre mirror array. This may be viable for sunny
areas and less expensive than photovoltaic cells and windmills.

Cheers, Jeff Dayman Waterloo Ontario Canada