[modeleng] Re: Electrical Problem

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:17:50 +0000

Nice idea (and cheap), but it will probably suffer the same problem as
the last power supply.  That is, I would expect it to be designed for a
  non-condensing, average temperature (say 5 deg C to 50 deg C) environment.

I put it in a metal box on top of my shed roof, out in all weathers and
temperatures.

They seem to die fairly quickly when they are not in the right
environment :-)

Although, I will look into the feasibility of putting the power supply
into the shed and running the low voltage wires to the RA indicator.

Cheers

Peter