[modeleng] Re: Electrical Problem

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:27:03 -0000

Peter, I suspect nobody knows for sure.
I should do, but...
It is many years since I used my electrical training and I have forgotten
much.
I would think that there is a voltage surge upon switch off where the load
is removed.
I cant see why this would trip anything, but it obviously does.
A capacitor across the input may cut down on spikes.

Other than that, one of the computer spike eliminating  sockets would do it
and be better. They are now so cheap that I doubt one could make anything
for the same price.

(Of course, a 110 volt transformer would be even easier.)
As for the off-topic, I have mentioned this before, but obviously to no
avail.

Alan