[macvoiceover] Re: hanging up from a call after leaving a voicemail

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:45:01 -0400

No thanks, that works fine.

Thanks.

Keith reedy

On Jun 30, 2009, at 8:30 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Keith and all:

A flick? You mean that small creature that lives on the beaches of Eastern Australia (grin).

Seriously, a flick is done when you rest the ball of one finger against the screen and drag it a short distance in one direction and then lift your finger. Imagine that you are striking a match or attempting to wipe something off of your arm. It is a quick stroke in one direction or another ending with your finger coming off the touch screen.

Does that make some semblance of sense or do I have to dig something else out of my bag of analogies (smile).
On Jun 30, 2009, at 8:13 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Ok,

What is a flick?

Keith Reedy

On Jun 30, 2009, at 6:33 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Donna and all:

Public service announcement ... do not take out the battery. In fact, I believe it has to be done by the manufacturer ... though do not hold me to that one (smile).

A few ideas ... believe it or not it makes a difference sometimes if you hold the phone away from you when you are done. Double tapping the phone with two fingers ought to hang it up. Or, holding the phone away from your face should cause the Iphone to speak through the loud speaker. If you place your finger near the bottom of the screen you should hear an option. Flick to the right until you hear the end button. Just a quicker way to track it down if you are in a hurry (smile). I would start with the two finger tap though. It does work though you might have to practice a tad. I did (smile).

Good luck and if this does not work you have my permission to write back and threaten to take it back to the store ... I will do it for you (wink). Attempting to assist in avoiding the anxiety (smile).

Take care.
On Jun 30, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I am finding that after one is transferred to a voicemail, it is literally impossible to end the call once you’ve left your message. The end call button simply isn’t spoken. Has anyone found a work-around? Also, in the absence of a work-around, how do you take the battery out. That would at least end the call.
Best,
Donna

Take good care and I wish you enough.

Love