[mac4theblind] Re: question about sharing external hard drives

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:40:41 -0400

     You'd have to make sure that you enable Windows sharing on your make in
the Sharing pane by hitting the, Options, button and checking your account name.

    On the windows side, in my computer with the external drive highlighted,
there should be a sharing item on the file menu that will open a dialog.  I
believe there is a checkbox you have to check.  Note that my Windows knowledge
is with XP so if you are using Vista or Win 7 it might be different.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT