[lit-ideas] Re: Turning the tables...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:07 -0500

---- Original Message -----
From: Lawrence Helm
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2/4/2006 11:14:53 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Turning the tables...

Well, yes of course Bush sounds good because he is an ordinary human made up of
the same things we all are. He is a pretty good person.  I don't trust the
evidence of the conspiracy theorists who claim to be able to read his mind and
know what he really thinks.  I don't believe in conspiracy theories that create
monsters out of individuals or classes of people.  Bush is fairly sentimental
about the weak, injured, and helpless.  He isn't nearly as conservative as the
far right would like.

Andy: Can you supply evidence of Bush's sentimentality, please?  Actions, not
words.

As to the mission to make the world safe from democracy, yes I think a lot of
people would like to do that.

Andy: A variation on "I'll teach you not to hit [by beating you for hitting]."
Makes perfect sense, right?