[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (1), The Revolutionary Imperative

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:52:20 -0500

Shoot, ready, aim ...

The objection was voiced elsewhere that attempting to destroy their nuclear
sites will be difficult because we dont know where they all are.  While the
CIA was weak in regard to knowledge of what was going on inside Iraq, it was
much stronger in regard to Afghanistan because it had provided support to many
of them while they fought the USSR occupation.  I think the same thing may be
true in Iran.  The CIA supported the Shah until he was ousted in 1979.
Hopefully they still have contacts in Iran and can obtain good information on
where their nuclear sites are.

Lawrence