[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (1), The Revolutionary Imperative

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:19:45 EST

Interesting.  For as many years as I have been in and out of  Synagogues, and
schmoozed w/ the friends I've made there, this term had never  hit my ears.
Thanks for posting that.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Iran (1), The
Revolutionary Imperative  Date: 2/4/06 12:43:26 P.M. Central Standard Time
From:
_ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

On Feb 4, 2006, at 6:27 AM,  JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Judaism is an ancient culture  with its own set of traditions.  It's
> not primarily about  belief.  It's about community and ethics in living
> everyday  life.  There's very broad spectrum out there from
> Ultra-Orthodox  to Conservative to Reform (some joke about the Reform
> movement as  referring to the 618 suggestions, not commandments).

This website  widens the  spectrum:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/jud_huma.htm

David  Ritchie
Portland, Oregon=