[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (1), The Revolutionary Imperative

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:05:50 -0800

No, Berman's book is not about what preceded the Ayatollah.  He documents
just those things he writes about.

Where did you get the document you refer to?

I have read that the Shah was the CIA's man.  I read that in several places,
and then he took Jimmy Carter's speeches as being his death knell and did
some things that got him kicked out -- and then came the Ayatollah.

The Ayatollah, as Sayyid Qutb, was a big fan of the USSR.  He patterned his
Islamic Revolution after the USSR's Marxist Revolution.

Lawrence