[lit-ideas] Re: The Magic of Images: Word and Picture in a Media Age

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:42:19 +0900

On 2004/04/07, at 21:56, Steven G. Cameron wrote:

> **A long but interesting article condensed from her lecture.
>
> Essay about the visual environment for students, by Camille Paglia, in
> the winter 2004 issue of Arion, a journal of humanities and the

I am particularly struck by the sentence,

"Works that make the most immediate as well as the most lasting impact
on undergraduates, I have found, usually have a magic, mythological,
or intensely emotional aspect, along with a choreographic energy or
clarity."

Sounds like a great piece of advertising (and this is not an ironic
comment).

John L. McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.
55-13-202 Miyagaya, Nishi-ku