[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 21:28:36 +0000 (GMT)

A telling tale. Tax funded poetry prizes (like the Staffordshire Poetry
Competition at which we did "Look". Fibonacci was a merchant and Heraclitus had
something to say but nothing as important as the poet - remember? "See". )  are
one way we can reach out to these unfortunates, and in some cases we may even
provide for them by way of sinecures within academic institutions. There they
may teach subject-matter, and work at producing more work, in a secure
environment - one where issues of quality can only rarely endanger public
safety and even then only on the very smallest of scales. The importance of
what they are doing must not be at all challenged - in the present century that
remains the central and continuing challenge - to ensure we are still
approaching them, and dealing with them, in the most humane of ways.

Donal
Ex-President: Bad Poets' Society