[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:25:51 -0700

An error needs correction. There were actually *three* road rage incidents involving members of the Portland Police force. Officer Nice was the angry man in two of them. In a third, Officer Westerman, who heads the union, was at fault.

David

On Apr 11, 2010, at 10:48 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

I returned home to read in the newspaper that a lawsuit was filed last week against a police officer (the head of the police union actually) in two separate road rage incidents, several days apart, coincidentally involving the same Smart Car. The man who got out of his truuuuck to go shout at the driver is named Nice, Officer Nice. Last week a new and very shiny Porsche passed us on the motorway near London. Its custom plate read, "NOI YCE." And finally, earlier yet, an exchange at Greenwich market between a stallholder and a potential customer who was looking at a cheap print, "Like a noiyce bit ah Matisse then do yah?"
        Said the other, "I *thought* I seen it before..., but it was biggah."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon