[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Wotsit

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:13:37 -0500

Dear David,

Boffo proem. But I think your denigration of the drain borders on the insane. Imagine bathing in the grime and grim detritus of all who've come before. Not a pretty scene. And where would all of Portland's rain go without a hundred thousand storm drains? Into your basement, that's where, and then onto your first floor, then your second. It isn't easy living on a roof -- just ask the people of New Orleans. A little more appreciation for the lowly drain is all I'm asking. Try to imagine life without an asshole -- which is butt a kind of drain, after all. You'd be just as full of it as I am were that the case.

Other than that, I think we must be sinus siblings.

Mike Geary
mucus king of Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ritchie" <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>