[lit-ideas] Re: Should Chirac join Bush in oblivion?

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:49:45 +0100

Le 30 oct. 04, =E0 22:28, Eric Yost a =E9crit :

> Didier makes good sense in his plea to unseat Mr. Bush. Let's all hope
> that Bush is soon history.
>
> In the interest of fairness, I'd be interested in his and others'
> reactions to Chirac's role in the "oil for food scandal" and the oil
> voucher payments received to encourage weakening UN sanctions.
>
> Shouldn't Chirac also be history? If so why not?

M.C. Could you perhaps bring us up to date on this "scandal"?  Does it=20=

really compare, in seriousness, to Bush's destruction of Iraq and=20
murder of 100,000 Iraqis and more than 1000 GI's?

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CNRS UPR 76
7, rue Guy Moquet