[lit-ideas] Re: Sacrifice

  • From: "Mirembe Nantongo" <nantongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:26:57 +0100

Hi Marlena: Doesn't sacrifice lie, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder?
I mean does the sacrifier really trot around going, ho, watch me make my
next sacrifice? It seems to me they (sacrifiers or whatever the active
participle is) mostly just go ahead and do what they think should be done at
the moment ie what makes them feel good, or, failing that, feel better. It
seems to me that any analysis of sacrifice would have to center on how it is
seen from the outside rather than how it is lived from the inside. Or so it
seems to me, she said in a muffled voice from inside a welter of fish
sticks, Wild Thornberrys, Arabic adverbs and the Science project from Hell.

All best, Mirembe