[lit-ideas] Re: News via the web

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 05 Apr 2004 20:03:08 PDT

I am coming late to this discussion because I've been away, but the Portland
Oregonian ran these photos as soon after the event as they could. They were on
an inside page, with a warning on the front page about their nature. Sunday's
edition had an account of the editorial discussions about whether to show them
or not. I'm not driven to conclude that a decision not to run them would have
amounted to witholding 'news' or information, let alone that it would have been
censorship.

Robert Paul
Reed College
------