[lit-ideas] Re: News via the web

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:12:55 +0900

On 2004/04/06, at 5:47, Mirembe Nantongo wrote:

> Thanks to John for his fascinating look at Japanese news coverage. I
> don't
> have anything of substance to add for the moment.

No fair! Please do tell us a bit about your impressions of the Arabic
press, by which I do not mean the English-language press published in
Arabic-speaking  countries. I do suspect, based on my experience in
Japan, that the local English-language press is only a pale and highly
selective version of the content published in Arabic.

John

John L. McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.
55-13-202 Miyagaya, Nishi-ku