[lit-ideas] Re: News via the web

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:36:14 +0900

On 2004/04/05, at 12:17, Omar Kusturica wrote:

> *I am not sure. The Japan Times has a good op-ed page
> with a lot of commentary on international issues.
> (Much of it written by non-Japanese authors.) Still,
> thanks John.

My pleasure. A major trend in recent years has been for the English
dailies to tie-up with major European and American papers and reprint
material from them. It started with the English Asahi's starting joint
publication with the International Herald Tribune. This material, like
the op-ed pieces in the Japan Times, falls outside the category of news
about Japan, to which my "official" remark applies.

John