[lit-ideas] Morc Huck Pump

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:14:42 -0500

WO: There are no "generalizable interests" that exist independent of the outcomes of discourse. Such is the condition of a multiculturally pluralist democracy.

How about basic creature needs?

If I have a machine that will convert all the water on the surface of the earth into sand, isn't it morally wrong for me to use it? Would we have to engage "discourse" as to the morality of its use?

Even if I only possessed a machine that would turn all humans' dreams into sweaty, screaming nightmares forever -- would discourse be required to determine the morality of my pushing the "ON" button?

Back to basics,
EY