[lit-ideas] Re: Mark Steyn on Gun Control

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:24:54 -0300

Lawrence Helm wrote:

"I have been a rifle instructor and know quite a bit about self-defense, I
can assure you that the old lady did exactly right and her thinking was
exactly right."

Lawrence seems to be confusing Kentucky with Korea.  Fortunately, the
military's rules of engagement are not used by civilian courts to determine
justified homicide.  Further, "I know self-defense therefore I know what is
legally justified" is hardly a compelling, much less logical, argument.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns