[lit-ideas] Re: Mark Steyn on Gun Control

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 02:20:44 +0000

Phil, first person:

What is the same is a person with a gun in the right opposing criminals.  It
makes no difference whether he is an American Marine in Korea or an American
Woman in Kentucky.  Neither, if he has a brain in his or her head will let
criminals come after him or her.  The old lady was announcing here willingness
to stand up to them.  I didn't need to announce my willingness, but we were
both willing.  We both possessed common sense, apparently unlike
Leftist-Pacifists.  We both knew/know, that you do not let bad guys come after
you if you can prevent it.

Have you never heard the gun-control plaint: "there's no point in a woman
having a gun because the predators will just take it away from them and
probably use it on them."  There is at least one old lady in Kentucky who was
feisty enough to make one set of bad guys think they had no chance of taking
away her gun.  And anti-gunners have the unmitigated gall to criticize her, and
then descend into an anti-victim abyss by criticizing this lady for announcing
her willingness to use her gun if necessary.

Lawrence

From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, Apr-23-2007 3:52 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Mark Steyn on Gun Control
Lawrence Helm wrote:

"You do not let an enemy (aka bad guy, predator, etc) approach you.  An
enemy has no legitimate reason for doing so."

Again, Lawrence confuses Kentucky with Korea.  Really, if we are going to
abandon logic and claim that different things are the same, then there isn't
much hope for this discussion.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns