[lit-ideas] Re: GRE Registration

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:23:43 EDT

The difference is primarily in premeditated function.  The form is
secondary, though also important.

It's all really a metaphor.....

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: GRE Registration
Date: 5/12/05 6:30:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So if you have a full length piece of 8.5X11 piece  of paper, and there's a
piece of the corner, is the rest of the piece of  paper scratch paper or
scrap
paper?  Does it have to be a perfect piece  of paper in order to be scratch
paper?  Or does the difference between  scratch and scrap merely have to do
with
the difference between having an  intent to use the paper for something and
having no intent to use the paper  for something merely using it as the piece
of
paper that's just "nearby" and  present for you to write on at a whim?  If
it's
just how you intend to  you the paper then you can really only know what to
call
it after you've  used it, no?

Why am I here.

Erin