[lit-ideas] Re: Friday Poem

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:06:18 -0700

On Jul 20, 2007, at 9:56 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

Why would a spell checker not object to "peform," do you think.

And why would a person who is correcting an error then add yet another, omitting the requisite question mark? I give up. So to bed, before rising betimes for the Portland Highland Games, where I might expect to see Robert Paul running the kilted mile were not rain expected and Harry Potter consuming all. A fleet philosopher weighed down by a soaked kilt is a hard concept to grasp but a fleet philosopher who has been up all night finding out what wizards are up to... is not a pretty thought.

David Ritchie etc.