[lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:01:47 -0700

Julie:
What WERE they thingking?!

ck: Yes, revolting. It's teenage heart attack promotion. Gravy's in there, on
top (?). Notice that the guy ordering isn't exactly slim, either. When I first
saw this ad, I was watching SNL. Thought it was a skit--that's how gross the
concoction seemed.

I'd better do something about this summer procrastination before it's August.
Right now, though, I'm celebrating.
ciaociao,
carol

        Date: 6/1/06 11:45:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time
        From: pas@xxxxxxxx
        To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Sent on:

  At 12:37 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
  >>I do recommend, however, the ones for Fingus Fish Fingers and for Smash
  >>Instant Potato (2)..."It is called Huddersfield."  The range of products
  >>remind me how truly awful the kwee-zeen was.  "Tip Top Canned Desert
  >>Topping."  Aaaaaaargh.
  >
  >It's clearly been a while David. I remember evaporated milk, the poor
  >cousin of 'desert topping'.
  >
  >What about 'Angel Delight'. I recall that we had a container of
  >butterscotch flavour in our pantry for years - it never got finished and
  >never got thrown away.
  >
  >And then there were school dinners...

  While we're reminiscing about English "cuisine", has anyone ever had Baked
  Beans on Toast with Cheese on top? mmm mmm mmm, I still eat that a couple
  of times a month. Fast, cheap and out of control. My friend thinks I'm
  nuts, but he eats liverworst on dry toast so I can't trust him.

  Paul

  Paul Stone
  pas@xxxxxxxx
  Kingsville, ON, Canada