[lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:26:30 EDT

Liverwurst is evil.  Have you seen the latest concoction KFC is  advertising?
 Mashed potatoes, a layer of corn on top, a layer of chicken  strips on top
of that, and all topped with a melted cheese layer.  (I think  there may be
gravy in there somewhere but I can't recall where.)

What WERE they thingking?!

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine
Date: 6/1/06 11:45:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:37 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
>>I do  recommend, however, the ones for Fingus Fish Fingers and for Smash
>>Instant Potato (2)..."It is called Huddersfield."  The range of  products
>>remind me how truly awful the kwee-zeen was.  "Tip Top  Canned Desert
>>Topping."  Aaaaaaargh.
>
>It's  clearly been a while David. I remember evaporated milk, the poor
>cousin  of 'desert topping'.
>
>What about 'Angel Delight'. I recall that we  had a container of
>butterscotch flavour in our pantry for years - it  never got finished and
>never got thrown away.
>
>And then  there were school dinners...

While we're reminiscing about English  "cuisine", has anyone ever had Baked
Beans on Toast with Cheese on top? mmm  mmm mmm, I still eat that a couple
of times a month. Fast, cheap and out of  control. My friend thinks I'm
nuts, but he eats liverworst on dry toast so I  can't trust him.

Paul

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada