[lit-ideas] Alternative food sources

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

It occurs to me (not an extremely original thought, I admit) that if we can eat
chickens and cows and pigs, why can't we eat cats and dogs?  Why does eating a
cat or dog seem akin to eating children?  The Bible tells us we have dominion
over the animals.   Cats and dogs are animals.   Is it because cats and dogs
sleep on our beds with us?  Why would that matter, since they get killed in the
pounds anyway and nobody cares.  Why not just use them as food?  Good use of
resources I would think.

Andy Amago