[lit-ideas] Re: A Question REALLY Answered

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:36:59 EST

Do they really want to be "trained" by the 'enemy'?

Would American soldiers in a similar position want to learn Sadaam's  methods
of warfare?

Or Middle-Eastern methods minus the psychosis of Sadaam?

Just a question.

Cultural differences seem to be ignored.  Maybe the way "we" train  troops is
so vastly different from their assumed notions of warfare that they  seem
useless or, worse, counter-productive?

How many hundreds of years has the Arab culture existed.

Imperialism just doesn't work, no matter what country, in whatever form,  for
whatever misguided or self (country) centered reasons.

Let our troops learn a few hundred years of their fighting culture and see
how it goes.

Julie Krueger
wishing the world were not a global village.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: A Question REALLY
Answered  Date: 12/26/05 1:56:24 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

--- Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

> It's not easy to use a rifle scope
(cut)
> I think  the problem for Iraqi is the general
> unfamiliarity with rifles. They  probably don't
> go hunting. Shooting ranges and gun clubs  probably
> don't exist.

Iraq had an army fully conversant with  modern
weaponry.  I'd say
a major problem now is that troops are  being trained
in six weeks (here, it would be two years).

> > Is "Andy" saying that those people who choose to
>  join Iraq's new
> > armed forces are different from their  American
> counterparts in some
> > way: I.Q. or hand-eye  co-ordination or willingness
> to listen and to
> > be subject to  military discipline?  What makes
> them  "untrainable"?

Interesting questions, David.

Yahoo!  Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party -
http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/