[lit-ideas] Re: A Question REALLY Answered

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:24:25 -0600

DR:
>> Is "Andy" saying that those people who choose to join Iraq's new armed
>> forces are different from their American counterparts in some way: I.Q. or
>> hand-eye co-ordination or willingness to listen and to be subject to
>> military discipline?  What makes them "untrainable"?  <<

I know nothing personally of these matters -- having spent 10 years assiduously
avoiding the draft during Vietnam as did all the Bush men so eager to wage war
in Iraq -- but it's my understanding from what I've read that the training
problems aren't with the troops nearly so much as with the officier corps that
we eliminated after our "victory".   I would never have believed it, but
apparently there's something to this management stuff besides kissing ass.
Maybe they're right.  I like to think that I'd frag any sonofabitch who ordered
me to go get killed, but it seems that some people will do what they're told to
do if they're told in the right way.  So it's not the rifle scopes that are the
problem but the scope of understanding by the officier corps of human
pyschology and alpha male leadership shit.

Mike Geary
Memphis