[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:47:07 +0100

Amidst the real feelings, I do confess to sniggering at the way one stacked deck was replaced by another stacked with more precision.

Let's try re-phrasing our respective perspectives of Bush's government.

Eric: We are at war and need to suspend certain rights.

Simon: We need to suspend certain rights so let's go to war.

Those are the positions as I see it and I'm not sure we'll manage to find a compromise.

In meantime, I'm unwavering in my belief that Eric has a very fine mind and is really a nice person.

Simon