[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:58:11 -0400

Eric, you are a Stalinist, there's no question.  If you knew anything about
Stalin's techniques, you'd see that that's what you're advocating (secret
executions, extorted confessions, informants, and on and on).  Do you
realize that Saddam and most likely Milosevic, followed Stalin?  Truly, we
become what we hate.  So much better to deal with our emotional issues by
dealing with them, instead of chasing after totalitarian values that offer
an illusion of safety and a reality of horror.