[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:21:08 +0100 (BST)

Ah -- I see.  So if the US is at war with nation X
(i.e. if war has been declared) then that country's
regular forces are protected by Conventions but their
spies and saboteurs -- proven to be such and/or caught
in the act -- are not.

But what about people of any nationality who are
picked up by the CIA in various countries and locked
up somewhere not subject to US laws?

"The UK" believes Guantanamo Bay should be closed
down.

Judy Evans, Cardiff