[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:43:20 -0400

Andy: It's interesting that it takes someone so completely shut up in his head (i.e., an "intellectual") such as yourself to be so bloodthirsty.

Should we compare lifestyles? I am physically active, have plenty of friends, pursue a wide variety of interests, and devote time to charity. In the past decade I saved someone's life.

I do not lie to people about my identity, or claim an exaggerated sensitivity to "all life" that is belied by rampant misanthropy. However, my desire to see my country prevail strikes you as bloodthirsty. So be it.

In each of the personal attacks I have received--Omar's "low opinion," Judy's "pity and contempt," your "bloodthirsty" claim--I consider the source. So be it.