[Linux-Anyway] A little OT

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Anyway" <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:59:19 -0700

  Hey,

  Had a brain storm on moving those files from the ext2 drive.
If you remember, I was thinking that I might have to move the
drive to another 'puter (or even do it on this 'puter), dual-boot
it, move the files to a vfat drive, then partition the ext2 drive
vfat (&, naturally, move the files to this 'puter if I used a
second one).

  Instead, I thought maybe booting RH 7.2 rescue, mount the ext2
& either of the two vfat drives, move the files, then format the
ext2 drive vfat.

  A lot of time saved.  But, as I've never tried anything like
this with rescue mode, will I have any trouble doing all this
with Linux in memory?

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux