[Linux-Anyway] Re: A little OT

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:26:46 +0200

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:59:19 -0700 scripsit Meph Istopheles:

>   Instead, I thought maybe booting RH 7.2 rescue, mount the ext2
> & either of the two vfat drives, move the files, then format the
> ext2 drive vfat.

While I think of it, you'd also have to change the system ID of the
partition in the partition table. A partition formatted as vfat but
designated ext2/3 in the partition table won't get picked up by windows.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)