[Linux-Anyway] Re: A little OT

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:20:56 -0700

  John,

> >  Hey,
> >Instead, I thought maybe booting RH 7.2 rescue,
> >mount the ext2 & either of the two vfat drives,
> >move the files, then format the ext2 drive vfat.

> If RH is like Mandrake , you get to a ,
> root@localhost-rescue/]#       terminal,
> which lacks full root privelages.

  That seems a bit stupid, don't you think?  Wouldn't "rescue"
imply full capability...?  Oh yeah, you're talking about mdk!;-)

> However I believe you can achive a true root
> terminal using the gentoo boot disc, in which
> case you could then format the partition provided
> the partition is unmounted first with the umount
> command.

  Well, after moving the data, I was only going to run fdisk &
change the id, as mentioned in the next post from Godwin, which
is what I'd menat to say, as I figure formatting vfat for a
Windows OS, would be better formatted by the tools provided in
Windows.

  But thanks:-).

  I'll have my site back up in no time.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux