[LRflex] Re: a 4/3 sensor to match the 36mm size?

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:51:36 -0600

RE: [LRflex] Re: a 4/3 sensor to match the 36mm size?I think a hinged mirror
has been used before but I cannot remember who did it.  I would think it would
limit shutter speeds though.  I would only seem to be an issue with some of the
wide angle lenses with very rearward protruding rear elements and going from 24
to 27mm horizontal axis would only mean a mirror  extending forward by 1.5mm.
the total difference of 3 mm is divided evenly top and bottom.  May not be a
real issue with an R system?

Dave