[JA] Saving Web Pages to Hard Drive

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:34:04 EDT

I'd like to get smart on saving web pages to my hard
>drive compactly, simply, and without losing information.

-----

I'm no help at all, but I've had some frustrations in this respect. I
tried to save some genealogy information some years ago at my sister's by
copying the file to disk. She decided to play it safe and printed it (two
pages) for me as well. Fortunately. Because the disk file was over 40K
and I couldn't open it.

On another occasion, someone had referred me to information about the
little underground delivery railroad that gave Chicago's Loop its name.
I'd seen it once - Dad was on assignment at a store that had access.
Unfortunately, the article was yellow print on a white background and the
contrast was so bad I only read part of it. Would have loved to save it
so I could re-read it .if. I could have improved the contrast.

She had also printed off some medication information. Mom and I were both
taking it. I wanted the page or so of information but not the thirteen
(not kidding) pages of listings of who had it for sale at what prices.

Shouldn't there be a .simple. way to save this kind of thing and discard
what is of no interest?

Carolyn Stoffel
Rakena Basenjis - Puppup and Cotton
The Canine Contingent; The Puppuppies - Pendant, Insula, Mosey
Phoenix, Arizona
carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx (No Internet access)
http://rakena.freeyellow.com/index.html