[JA] Re: Saving Web Pages to Hard Drive

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:41:31 -0700

Yes, the Windows two step technique works fine, you don't need a
"special" screen print program to do the job. I use IrfanView as my image
editor, and it is worth infinitely more than I paid for it.

The original goal of "saving web pages to hard drive," however, was to
capture information from the Web in compact form. A bitmap of text
information [or even a fuzzy jpg from that bitmap] "is worth a thousand
words" and takes up space on your hard drive in similar proportion. If
there is an image on a web page you must have, you can get it by right
clicking and saving -- make a reference to the filename in your text
extract of the web page and put the files in the same directory.

thepccat

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:14:39 -0500 "Caseylite" <caseylite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> 'lo all,
> You can always do a print screen in Windows
[...]