[JA] Re: Saving Web Pages to Hard Drive

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:02:05 PDT

}Subject: [JA] Saving Web Pages to Hard Drive
}From: carolynstoffel
}Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:34:04 EDT

}She had also printed off some medication information. Mom and I were
both
}taking it. I wanted the page or so of information but not the thirteen
}(not kidding) pages of listings of who had it for sale at what prices.
}
}
}Shouldn't there be a .simple. way to save this kind of thing and discard
}what is of no interest?
}

        Try this:

        Drag the mouse from point to point to highlight the wanted text.
        or position the cursor and hold SHIFT while positioning to the
other end.

        Reverse (right) click the highlighted text and select "Copy".
        or select Edit >> Copy.

        Go to NotePad, or if to large then WordPad, and Reverse (right)
click the text area
        or select Edit >>
                then select Copy.

        That will likely NOT include graphics, but should work for most
text-only portions!

Note: The mouse version may not work correctly in windowz 3.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---