[JA] Re: OT - Software needed

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:50:59 PDT

}Subject: [JA] OT - Software needed
}From: carolynstoffel
}Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:29:33 EDT
}
}He just told me that there's no software that will "help" with dyslexia
}but I know there's software out there for people who are blind or have
}other problems that make it easier to have messages read aloud to them
}and to write replies from dictation.
}
}
}But I don't know the names (or prices) of any such software. This
}particular person is in England, though that may not make much
difference
}in terms of availability. He does say that he has a new computer and is
}having to change his spellchecker to English spellings, though.

        Some thing called "bobby" is reported to be a good screen reader.
 A files search on dogpile.com for "screen reader" (WITH the quotes) may
help.  Most of the voice-to-text programs are not that good, and
expen$ive too.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---