[JA] Re: Saving Web Pages to...

  • From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:24:45 -0400

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:34:04 EDT carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx writes:
> I'd like to get smart on saving web pages to my hard
> >drive compactly, simply, and without losing information.
> -----
> Unfortunately, the article was yellow print on a white background
> and the contrast was so bad I only read part of it.  >>
> Shouldn't there be a .simple. way to save this kind of thing and
> discard what is of no interest?   >>>>

Here's a trick or two in Netscape...  IE users will have to fend for
themselves --
while viewing a web page, open an "EDIT" window in Composer -- it'll suck
in the whole page, graphics and all -- which you can save to your local,
-and/or- otherwise play with...  remove/change backgrounds, text colors,
whatever...  works GREAT on those pages where "right-click" is disabled!!

With some practice, one can edit/rebuild a page so it will print-out very
nicely, without all the clutter...

R. Scott Gilmore  N8BQN  Saginaw MI  USA