[JA] Re: Juno 5 User file identities

  • From: "Robert M. Cosby" <jvpoa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:49:16 -0500

Hello, Don,

You are using Juno 4, which does make a big deal when you reach about
1,000 messages in any box.  That was not so in prior versions, or in J5.
When forced to do so in J4, I tried to transfer old messages into newly
created Read Folders named with the inclusive dates as you suggest, an
aggravating waste of time.  The totals in these Inbox and Sent mail
Folders were as mentioned.

I am now using J5, with its 17 folders.  J5 Internet access is worse than
useless, as everybody knows.  Since it never works for me, I don't use it
at all.

I meant to indicate that I hope to pull out the mailbox.bdb file every
six months, and re import my account for a fresh start.  Then, with the
helpful information of this group, I believe I will be able to plug the
older .bdb files back into the Juno User folder so that I can access the
old messages as needed.  Or, perhaps I will set up multiple accounts, and
put my old email files in them, opening a different account for
accessing different dates of email.

One nice thing I've found is that if you remove, say, the User0001 file
from the Juno folder to Desktop, and then go through the Import your
account process, it will set up another User0001 file in the missing
file's place, having the same Id as the one you have removed and stored
elsewhere.  Hopefully, that will make it easier to substitute the old
file by the same name.

Of course, my hope is that Juno will soon wake up and create later
versions which will solve this circuitous waste, allowing accessing all
old email such as mine easily, and design their program to handle the
inevitable long term growth of personal mail documents which people will
want to keep.  When you read the papers, it surely sounds as if
investigators have no trouble accessing all old email records, so it
would be nice if we could, too!

Bob

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:26:21 -0500 Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

In a previous email, Mr. Cosby spoke of having 3500 messages
in his Inboxes.  My Juno complains once I get to 1000 in any
folder so I am wondering how he got to 3500.  No, I don't want
to - I am just wondering.

Don Elias