[jhb] Re: Update

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:52:00 +0000

Bones

Good to hear you're back home and making good progress - hospital can be the worst place for recuperation!! Meals at ridiculous times and frequently inedible, plastic-covered mattresses that make you sweat, waking you up to ask if you need a sleeping pill, etc.

I had open (as opposed to keyhole) abdominal surgery about 15 years ago, got home fairly quickly afterwards and felt I was making a good recovery - so much so that I went back to work rather sooner than the doc had approved. NOT a good idea, I discovered pretty quickly - it takes longer than you think to make a full recovery from surgery under general anaesthetic. So take it easy.

Mike L

On 20/01/2011 20:46, Fossil wrote:
That’s the catch. Improvement is so rapid that you could be easily
fooled into getting back to normal behaviour too soon. The next week or
so are going to have to be an exercise in enforced (and probably
immensely frustrating) idleness.