Re: jaws 12 freezing up

  • From: Shannon <hannah74@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:24:11 -0600

Thanks for the tip.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Adrian Spratt
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:52 AM
  Subject: RE: jaws 12 freezing up

  I've found that taking a few precautions have reduced crashes on my system.

  1. When doing research, I often bring up several WebPages. Now I make sure to
close the ones I no longer need. When not using IE, I close it, which I used to
neglect to do.

  2. Following earlier threads about memory leaks, I've noticed that JAWS usage
increases dramatically as the hours go by. So when not engaged in a project, I
unload it for a few seconds and then reload. I find Outlook 2003 has a similar
memory leak problem, so I also close it at least once a day.

  These steps have saved me from many freezes when they can cause the most
disruption.

  I'm using JAWS 11 and 10. I have a feeling I'll be doing the same when I feel
safe upgrading to JAWS 12.